April 5, 2023
March 2023 Council Meeting Highlights
Top 7 Things You Need to Know
- Council and College leadership participated in a planning session related to the development of the College’s new strategic plan that will take effect in 2024.
- Following the results of lengthy development process led by the Canadian Council of Registered Nurse Regulators (CCRNR), the updated Entry Level Competencies (ELCs) for Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioners) were approved by Council.
- An extension of the University of Manitoba, Master of Nursing, Nurse Practitioner Program approval was approved by Council through September 30, 2025 to facilitate alignment with the updated ELCs for RN(NP)s.
- Council approved changes to the Practice Direction: Assignment and Delegation to Unregulated Care Providers.
- Numerous updates to Council policies, committee terms of reference, and policy monitoring reports were reviewed and approved by Council. For more information, please see the March 2023 meeting agenda.
- Council reviewed and approved the 2022 audited financial statements and annual EE-3 monitoring report.
- Council approved the 2023 AGM agenda, which has been posted to the College website.