Community Reference Group
Deadline Extended: applications are being accepted until Oct. 2, 2017.
We are creating this group to share feedback and recommendations from the public with our Board of Directors. Members will review documents and policies that guide registered nursing practice in Manitoba. The goal of this group is to advise our Board on how to best protect the public.
- Not currently registered in a regulated health profession
- If ever registered, at least 10 years must have passed since date of last registration
- Not a current or former member of any College committee or Board of Directors
We welcome applications from people who are:
- from rural and northern communities
- from urban communities
- of Indigenous heritage
- of all ethnicities, including recent immigrants
- adults of all ages
- Serve a two- or three-year term, with potential for a second three-year term
- Attend at least two meetings per year
- Willingness to share objective feedback on College policies and issues
- Previous board or committee experience and/or volunteer experience would be an asset
- Ability to read and comprehend a considerable amount of information before meetings
- Willingness to learn about regulation
How to Apply
Deadline: Monday, Oct. 2
If you're interested in being part of this new group, please send a letter of interest to:
Senior Consultant, Policy, Governance & Strategic Initiatives
We appreciate interest from all applicants, however only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
Members receive an honorarium. Rural and northern members may be reimbursed for travel expenses as outlined in College policy.