About the College
What We Do
To protect and serve the public interest through quality registered nursing regulation.
Leadership and innovation in registered nursing regulation.
- Leadership - We will have the courage and confidence to shape a better future for health regulation.
- Integrity - We will be honest, trustworthy, approachable and fair.
- Accountability - We follow through on our commitments and own our actions.
- Collaboration - We achieve more when we use our strengths to work together.
- Excellence - We are committed to quality and continuous improvement.
Public Benefit Policy
Our Public Benefit Policy is our strategic plan for 2019-2023. In it, the College identifies three strategic outcomes that will shape our commitment to ensuring quality registered nursing regulation in the public interest:
- Public Confidence in Excellent Regulation
- Accountable, Quality Professional Practice
- Collaboration for Health System Impact
For more information, read the Public Benefit Policy article on Nurselink.
Quarter 1: Ending March 31, 2019
The College has been the professional regulator for RNs in Manitoba since 1913. Our mandate is to protect the public. Here are some of the ways we do our work:
- We establish and maintain a registration process that ensures RNs are qualified and competent.
- We set and maintain nursing practice standards for RNs.
- We approve nursing education programs.
- We receive and investigate complaints about the nursing practice and conduct of RNs.