Make a Complaint
Beginning May 31, 2018 all conduct matters will be considered under The Regulated Health Professions Act.
If you are concerned about the practice or conduct of an RN, we encourage you to begin by talking about the problem directly with the RN or their supervisor. This often resolves the issue and allows you to get the information you need. Many complaints are the result of poor communication or misunderstandings.
While RNs aim to provide safe, competent care, sometimes an issue arises and a complaint becomes necessary. These are the steps you should follow to make a complaint:
- Download the professional conduct report form
- Fill out the professional conduct report form. The form should include:
- The name of the registered nurse
- The date the incident occurred
- As much detail as you can remember about the incident
- Any documentation that would support your complaint (ex: medical records, emails, etc.)
- Save a copy of the form to your computer
- Print and sign the form
- Submit the form to:
College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba
890 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg MB R3M 2M8
What happens after I make a complaint?
The CEO/Registrar will review your complaint, as well as the response from the RN(s) named in the complaint. The CEO/Registrar can refer the matter to the Investigation Committee.
For more information
Tracey Legary RN, Manager of Professional Conduct
Toll-free: 1-800-665-2027 (Manitoba only)