Board Highlights: Dec. 8, 2017
Top 5 things you need to know:
- The board president’s salary was changed. They will receive an honorarium of $5,000 annually, plus up to $20,000 per year payable to their employer as salary replacement. This is a decrease from the previous compensation package and in line with the evolution of this role.
- The Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Nurses at Red River College was approved through March 2023. Find more information about nursing education programs here.
- The simulation pilot project at Red River College was granted an extension to Jan. 31, 2019.
- Both the board and operations budgets were approved. The operations budget was approved with a deficit which is being addressed by the creation of a new financial model for the College. You can learn more about our 2018 fee increase and our overall financial structure by watching this video.
- The board voted to cancel the remaining contributions to the Dr. Helen Preston Glass Fellowship and transfer ownership of the award to the Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba. The scholarship will still be managed by the Canadian Nurses Foundation.
Minutes from our board meeting are available by request. Just send an email to Marcy Wiebe: email@example.com
All board meetings are open to the public. Find more information here.