Council Highlights: March 8, 2019
Top 5 things you need to know:
- Dr. Robert Renaud, head of the department of educational administration, foundations, and psychology at the University of Manitoba, provided Council with highlights of the evaluation of the Clinical Competence Assessment (CCA) completed for the College. Evidence confirmed that the CCA tools meet requirements for validity and reliability.
- Council approved the University of Manitoba/University College of the North Bachelor of Nursing program and the Université de Saint-Boniface Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing program for five years respectively, from March 2019 to March 2024. Find more information about nursing education programs here.
- Changes to the Standards for Nursing Education Programs were approved by Council to allow the use of simulation to augment theory or to replace clinical practice hours, following the results of the simulation pilot projects undertaken at the University of Manitoba and Red River College.
- Council approved the 2018 Entry Level Competencies (ELCs) for the Practice of Registered Nurses as the entry to practice expectations effective September 2019. The ELCs are revised every five years for inter-jurisdictional consistency and practice relevance.
- New practice directions for Health Profession Corporations and Interprofessional Collaborative Care were approved by Council.
Minutes from our Council meeting are available by request. Just send an email to Sandra Gilbert: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Council meetings are open to the public. Find more information here.