Council and AGM Highlights – June 10 and 11, 2019
Top 5 things you need to know:
- On the recommendation of the Governance Committee, Council approved an updated mission statement for the College to more closely reflect our mandate:
To protect and serve the public interest through quality registered nursing regulation.
- Several updates to Council policies were approved, including:
- GP-4 Council and Committee Principles
- GP-4.5 Committee on CEO/Registrar Performance, and
- GP-20 Council Effectiveness Evaluation
- Council approved a new policy, GP-21 Enterprise Risk Management. This policy aims to facilitate a consistent, College-wide approach to risk management to support governance, innovation, and policy development.
- Council bid a fond farewell to two members whose terms expired. Chris Ainley, RN served on our Council for three years as well as our Finance committee and brought a wealth of experience in nursing and public health to our Council. John Deacon served as a public representative on our Council for three years as well as a member of our Appointments Committee and brought his considerable experience in the law and governance to our Council. We thank them for their distinguished service and commitment to the advancement of quality registered nursing regulation in Manitoba.
- The College’s 2019 Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday, June 11 at the Viscount Gort Hotel. In addition to the Chair and CEO/Registrar reports on our activities throughout 2018, including a review of the 2018 Annual Report, the membership confirmed our bylaws for the coming year. You can read the summary of the changes here. Thank you to all who attended in person and via webinar.
Minutes from our Council meeting and Annual General Meeting are available by request once they have been approved by Council at the September 2019 Council meeting. Just send an email to Sandra Gilbert: email@example.com
All Council meetings are open to the public. Find more information here.