Council Highlights - June 4, 2020
Top 8 things you need to know:
- Council approved the Red River College, Nursing Baccalaureate Program for five years to Sept. 2025.
- Council extended the Red River College Registered Nurse Refresher program approval for a nine-month period from January 1 to September 1, 2021.
- Council approved changes to the Standards for Nursing Education Programs regarding simulation for cinical practica:
- Simulation learning is guided by the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) Standards of Best Practice: Simulation
- The CRNM Council approved replacing up to 50% of clinical practice hours per course.
- Simulation hours cannot be used to replace senior/final practicum hours.
- Faculty who participate in simulation must be prepared with formal education
- Each hour of simulation will be equivalent to two hours of clinical practice. Programs who replace clinical practice hours with simulation must have ongoing monitoring of the following indicators:
- Clinical competence
- Readiness for practice
- Critical thinking
- Feedback from clinical site practitioners
- Evidence of how simulation is connected to clinical practice
- Council approved the Council Member Requirements document related to the competencies and attributes required to be a Council member.
- Council approved the issuance of a Request for Proposals for financial audit services.
- Council approved an updated Risk Management Framework related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Council approved 6 new/revised governance policies, including GP-3 Council Code of Conduct, Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest and GP-23 Council Policy Development/Updating/Approval
- Council approved the CEO/Registrar's monitoring report of EE-8 Communications and Support to Council
List recent articles