Continuing Competency Program (CCP)
About the Program
Objective of CCP
RNs maintain and enhance their competence through self-reflection, lifelong learning, and by integrating that learning into their practice
- Click here to download our CCP Workbook
- Click here to download the CCP Forms
- Click here to watch our CCP Forms Tutorial
What do I need to complete?
As an RN, you will need to complete the following items by Dec. 1, 2023 in order to renew your certificate of practice for 2024.
1. Parts A and B of the CCP forms
Renewal will be open Oct. 1 to Dec. 1, 2023. Make sure you complete Parts A and B before you complete your online renewal application for 2024.
If you become registered OR are reinstated after Oct. 1, 2022 you do not need to complete these forms to renew your certificate or practice for 2023. However, you will need to complete the 2023 forms to renew your certificate of practice for 2024.
Select the appropriate forms to download
Keep your completed CCP forms for five years. If you are selected for the CCP review you will need to refer to your forms for the years requested.
- RN CCP forms (download and save these to your computer) Download these forms to your computer, type information in and print them for your records.
- RN(NP) CCP forms (download and save these to your computer) Download these forms to your computer, type information in and print them for your records.
RESOURCE: Sample self-development plans
2. Jurisprudence learning module (Part C of the CCP forms)
If you are reinstating for 2023, you must complete the 2022 jurisprudence learning module titled “Scope in your practice” in order to renew your certificate of practice for 2023 – log in to your CRNM Profile to access it.
You must complete the 2023 jurisprudence learning module titled Health Equity and Cultural Humility (available April 2023) in order to renew your certificate of practice for 2024.
More information about jurisprudence
Each year, RNs and RN(NP)s are randomly selected to complete the CCP review. If you are selected for the review, you are required to complete all CCP review requirements by Dec. 1, 2023. Click here for more information.
Accountability – It’s Standard
Ethical Considerations When Working Short Staffed
RN Responsibilities Related to Professional Practice Issues
Patients Handover Maintaining Safety In High Risk Situations