Have you been asked to complete an online questionnaire for your colleague?
New Component of CCP Review
Multi-source feedback is part of the CCP review process. It is a tool that allows clients and colleagues to provide feedback on your communication and professional behaviour. This feedback is used to help guide your learning.
If you are selected for the CCP review and/or the multi-source feedback, you will be notified in June by mail and email. If you are selected to complete the multi-source feedback, you will receive a package in the fall with instructions and necessary forms.
Why Multi-Source Feedback?
- Multi-source feedback supports the role of the College in protecting the public.
- It gives the public an opportunity to provide feedback on the care they received from an RN or RN(NP).
- Multi-source feedback supports RNs and RN(NP)s in their practice.
- You will receive valuable feedback from the people directly impacted by your practice.
- Based on research and best practices, we know a CCP should be multi-faceted.
- Multi-source feedback complements the CCP requirements already in place. This feedback can be used to grow your self-development plan.
- Communication challenges are one of the most common themes when a complaint is filed with the College.
- Multi-source feedback focuses on elements of communication and professional behaviour. Receiving feedback about these aspects of your practice can help you meet the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics and may prevent a complaint being made
The multi-source feedback tool was developed to ensure client and colleague anonymity and it has been tested for reliability and validity. Multi-source feedback is used successfully by other health-care professionals.
The information gathered through the multi-source feedback component is confidential. The results will not be shared with anyone outside of the College (i.e. employers will not receive any results or reports about a particular RN or RN(NP)).
In order to participate in multi-source feedback, you must be working from September 2017 to November 2017. If you are selected to participate and will not be working during this timeframe, you will need to request a deferral. More information about this process will be shared later this spring.
Allison Leveque RN BN, Practice & Standards Consultant
Toll-free: 1-800-665-2027 ext. 189 (Manitoba only)