What is multi-source feedback?
Multi-source feedback is a tool that allows clients and colleagues to provide feedback on an RN or RN(NP)’s communication and professional behaviour.
If you, an RN or RN(NP), are referred for multi-source feedback, we’ll notify you by email and will mail you a package with detailed instructions on what to do next. Please review the CCP Workbook before engaging in the process to be sure you follow all recommendations and guidelines.
Why multi-source feedback?
- Multi-source feedback focuses on elements of communication and professional behaviour.
- Receiving feedback about these aspects of practice can help ensure an RN or RN(NP) meets the Practice Expectations for RNs and Code of Ethics.
- The College exists to serve and protect the public interest, and multi-source feedback supports this:
- It empowers members of the public by giving them an opportunity to provide feedback on the care they received from an RN or RN(NP).
- It enhances an RN or RN(NP)'s practice by providing them with valuable feedback from those directly impacted by their practice.
The following questionnaires apply to those who are currently engaging in multi-source feedback.
- Are you an RN or RN(NP) who has been referred to complete multi-source feedback?
Click here to complete your My Form questionnaire.
- Are you a colleague of an RN or RN(NP) who has been asked to complete a questionnaire?
If your colleague works in a clinical setting, click here to complete the questionnaire.
If your colleague works in a non-clinical setting, click here to complete the questionnaire.
- Are you a client/patient/family member who has been asked to complete a questionnaire for an RN or RN(NP)?
Click here to complete the questionnaire.
The information gathered through multi-source feedback is confidential. The results will not be shared with anyone outside of the College (i.e. employers will not receive any results or reports about a particular RN or RN(NP)).
In order to participate in multi-source feedback, you must be working. If you are referred and are not currently working, you will need to complete the deferral form.
Marie Allan, Quality Assurance Process Manager
Toll-free: 1-800-665-2027 ext. 668 (Manitoba only)