When being present isn’t enough – Improving patient safety through situational awareness!
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 11:00 am
- Hosted by
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute
This call will focus on one concept in cognitive psychology from the human factors sciences: situational awareness. The goal of the call is to familiarize participants with the concept of situational awareness by discussing why you need it and how it is applied to healthcare. This call will also introduce strategies to acquire, maintain and recover situational awareness, thus improving patient safety.
By the end of this call, participants will be able to:
- Define situational awareness (individual and team)
- Describe one method to acquire situational awareness
- List one teaching technique for educating healthcare providers on situational awareness
For more information