RN(NP) Info and Updates
We do our best to keep you up to date on new information as it is released. However, it is your responsibility to check this page often to make sure you are aware of important updates and changes to your practice.
- June 9, 2018 - Choosing Wisely Canada has a new campaign, “Opioid Wisely”
- Feb. 9, 2018 - CervixCheck does not recommend routine cervical cancer screening for individuals under 21 years old. Most women age 21-69 who have ever been sexually active should have a Pap test every three years. Transgender men and women may also need regular Pap tests. Click here for the information on DSM’s website.
- Feb. 7, 2018 – The Stevens Company will be distributing clinician SurePath supplies for LBC Pap tests. These supplies will no longer be available from your referred cytology laboratory. Click here for additional information.
- Dec. 13, 2017 – The Paris System for reporting urinary cytology focuses on identifying high grade cancers. Click here to read the clinical communication.
- Oct. 13, 2017 – A recent publication, Unnecessary Care in Canada, reported that “up to 30% of selected medical tests, treatments and procedures in Canada are potentially unnecessary and that Canadians have more than one million potentially unnecessary medical tests and treatments every year.
- Sept. 22, 2017 - Government of Manitoba proclaims The Protecting Children (Information Sharing) Act
- Sept. 5, 2017 - Volunteers needed for RN(NP) exam exam development
- Effective Aug. 21, 2017 - Urine screening for Ethanol and Barbituates no longer available at DSM. Click here to read the clinical communication.
- June 2, 2017 - You can now certify using the federal disability tax credit form T2201. Click here for more information from Canada Revenue Agency.
The title RN(NP) is protected under The Regulated Health Professions Act. Its use is restricted to RNs who have met and maintain the requirements for registration on the extended practice register. Click here to learn about the use of Regulated Professional Titles.
Katherine Stansfield, executive director, explains more about this in a webinar. Click here to view the webinar.
Changing Your Client Population
You can change your client population by completing the change form and submitting it to:
College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba
890 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, MB R3M 2M8
Updating Your Contact Information
All RN(NP)s are required to provide current contact information to the College. The online contact system for RN(NP)s helps health-care disciplines contact you through your employer. This information is visible in our current Nurse Check system.
To input or update your employer contact information:
- Log in to your online profile using your registration number and password.
- Click on the “NP Contact Info” button in the top navigation bar.
- Input the specific name and phone number of your current employer(s) (e.g. River East Access Centre.)