RN(NP) Info and Updates
We do our best to keep you up to date on new information as it is released. However, it is your responsibility to check this page often to make sure you are aware of important updates and changes to your practice.
- June 9, 2018 - Choosing Wisely Canada has a new campaign, “Opioid Wisely”
- Feb. 9, 2018 - CervixCheck does not recommend routine cervical cancer screening for individuals under 21 years old. Most women age 21-69 who have ever been sexually active should have a Pap test every three years. Transgender men and women may also need regular Pap tests. Click here for the information on DSM’s website.
- Feb. 7, 2018 – The Stevens Company will be distributing clinician SurePath supplies for LBC Pap tests. These supplies will no longer be available from your referred cytology laboratory. Click here for additional information.
- Dec. 13, 2017 – The Paris System for reporting urinary cytology focuses on identifying high grade cancers. Click here to read the clinical communication.
- Oct. 13, 2017 – A recent publication, Unnecessary Care in Canada, reported that “up to 30% of selected medical tests, treatments and procedures in Canada are potentially unnecessary and that Canadians have more than one million potentially unnecessary medical tests and treatments every year.
- Sept. 22, 2017 - Government of Manitoba proclaims The Protecting Children (Information Sharing) Act
- Sept. 5, 2017 - Volunteers needed for RN(NP) exam exam development
- Effective Aug. 21, 2017 - Urine screening for Ethanol and Barbituates no longer available at DSM. Click here to read the clinical communication.
- June 2, 2017 - You can now certify using the federal disability tax credit form T2201. Click here for more information from Canada Revenue Agency.
The title RN(NP) is protected under The Regulated Health Professions Act. Its use is restricted to RNs who have met and maintain the requirements for registration on the extended practice register. Click here to read more about the use of regulated professional titles or click here to view the webinar.
Changing Your Information
Complete this form to change your client population
All RN(NP)s are required to provide current employer contact information. To make changes, log in to your online profile using your registration number and password and click the “NP Contact Info” button in the top navigation bar.