RN(NP) Info and Updates
We do our best to keep you up to date on new information as it is released. However, it is your responsibility to check this page often to make sure you are aware of important updates and changes to your practice.
- October 2018 - Removal of lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse®), methylphenidate OROS (Concerta®), and methylphenidate MLR (Biphentin®) from the M3P Program. These drugs are still covered under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act so all other restrictions on the prescribing of the drugs still apply. Click here for more information.
- September 2018 - Click here to review reporting requirements for medical assistance in dying.
- June 9, 2018 - Choosing Wisely Canada has a new campaign, “Opioid Wisely”
- Feb. 9, 2018 - CervixCheck does not recommend routine cervical cancer screening for individuals under 21 years old. Most women age 21-69 who have ever been sexually active should have a Pap test every three years. Transgender men and women may also need regular Pap tests. Click here for the information on DSM’s website.
- Feb. 7, 2018 – The Stevens Company will be distributing clinician SurePath supplies for LBC Pap tests. These supplies will no longer be available from your referred cytology laboratory. Click here for more information.
The title RN(NP) is protected under The Regulated Health Professions Act. Its use is restricted to RNs who have met and maintain the requirements for registration on the extended practice register. Click here to read more about the use of regulated professional titles or click here to view the webinar.
Changing Your Information
Complete this form to change your client population
All RN(NP)s are required to provide current employer contact information. To make changes, log in to your online profile using your registration number and password and click the “NP Contact Info” button in the top navigation bar.