Jurisprudence Learning Module
Jurisprudence Moved to New Provider
Lessonly, a cloud-based learning system, is more cost effective and allows you to complete modules in smaller, shorter lessons. It will also give us more valuable data about how effective these modules are as learning tools. The deadline to complete the modules as part of your registration renewal requirements is still Dec. 1, 2017.
What should I know about Lessonly?
- All of the jurisprudence learning modules will be flagged incomplete in Lessonly. Do not panic. You do not need to complete all of the modules again. Your CRNM member profile is the best place to verify which modules have been completed.
- You will need to click through the pages of each lesson.
- You will need to click the "Finish" button at the end of each lesson and at the end of each module.
- Google Chrome remains the ideal web browser for completing these modules.
What does jurisprudence mean?
Jurisprudence is a legal term that refers to studying the law. For our purpose, jurisprudence is about ensuring you are aware of legislation, regulations, standards and policies that affect your registered nursing practice.
What do I have to do?
- Complete the newest module: "Documentation and Record Keeping".
- This module is required in order to be eligible for registration renewal in 2018.
- Complete the following modules when you apply for registration with the College (you don't need to do them every year):
- "Self-Regulation 101"
- "Scope of Practice"
You only need to complete the “Professionalism in Nursing Practice” module if you registered with the College for the first time in 2016 or if you renewed your registration for 2017. Even though you may not be required to complete the module, we recommend you watch it to learn more about topics related to accountability, duty to care, privacy and confidentiality, professional boundaries and professional image.
How do I know which modules I have completed?
Log in to your CRNM member profile and check under the “Jurisprudence” heading. The modules you have completed will show the original completion date beside them. It will look like this:
How do I access the modules?
1. Log in to your CRNM member profile using your registration number and password.
- If you do not know your registration number, you can find it by searching your name on Nurse Check.
- If you have forgotten your password, click “forgot my password” and enter your registration number. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password (please note this will be sent to the email address we have on file for you).
2. Click the “jurisprudence learning module” button on the top right-hand side of your profile.
Where can I learn more?
For more information, please contact us:
Telephone: 204-774-3477 ext. 658
Toll-free: 1-800-665-2027 ext. 658 (Manitoba only)